The Trustees of the Goan Welfare Society are sad to announce the death of Bosco Saldanha, a former Trustee of the Charity.
Bosco was also the current Vice President of the Goan Association (UK) and passed away suddenly at his home in Croydon on Saturday, 4 August 2018. He is survived by Marcia, children Maria, Jude, Emily & Marisa and grandchildren Daniel & Maisie. Our sincere condolences to the family and please keep them in your prayers. A Requiem Mass will be offered for the repose of his soul and may he enjoy heavenly peace with the Lord.
Bosco has a long history of voluntary work in the community and has been a longstanding office-bearer of the Goan Association (UK). He served in various positions, going back over three decades, and played an active part in the management of this organisation. We are pleased to note that the forthcoming Annual Sports Day of the Goan Association (UK) on Sunday 26 August 2018 is being dedicated to Bosco as a mark of respect and in recognition of his selfless service to the community.
Condolence messages to email@example.com
- Church service at 10am at St Andrews Church: 45 Brook Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey CR7 7RD. Limited street parking on Quadrant Road and Carew Road.
- Burial at 11:15am at Queen’s Road cemetery, Queen’s Road, Croydon CR0 2PR. Lots of parking available throughout the cemetery grounds.
- Reception at midday back at St Andrews Church Hall with food and drinks.
- RSVP to Emily: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Maria: email@example.com for the catering purposes.
- Those attending are expected to make their own way to the church and the cemetery. St Andrews church is close to Thornton Heath train station and Queen’s Road cemetery is close to Selhurst train station.
- At the reception, there will be the opportunity to donate to a couple of charities.
- Some photos of Bosco Saldanha will be displayed at the reception hall but if any of you have photos then please bring them along.